As we turn the page into a new year, it’s time to dive into a new chapter of our ALP Book Club! Whether you’re a seasoned member or just joining us for the first time, we’re thrilled to have you in our reading circle. Our book club is not just about reading; it’s about connecting through stories, exploring diverse perspectives, and celebrating the power of women’s voices in literature.
We can’t express enough how excited we are for our third year of reading together with the ALP community. Each book this year has been selected to widen our horizons while offering the comfort and joy of a good story. Our monthly discussions are a safe space to share your thoughts, whether you’re critiquing a character or relating to a storyline.
For all the juicy details about our book club, make sure to visit theawesomeladiesproject.com/bookclub.
2024 Book Selections
This year, our bookshelf is brimming with an eclectic mix of genres, each handpicked to inspire, challenge, and entertain. Here’s what’s in store for our 2024 reading journey:
- January: Lessons in Chemistry by Bonnie Garmus (Literary Fiction) – A novel that mixes science, heart, and gender norms. What lessons will we learn?
- February: Seven Days in June by Tia Williams (Steamy Second Chance Romance) – Can love really get a second chance?
- March: I Never Thought of It That Way by Mónica Guzmán (Non-fiction, Interpersonal Relations) – Ready to challenge your perspectives?
- April: The Banned Bookshop of Maggie Banks by Shauna Robinson (Book About Books, Contemporary Romance) – A story for all of us who live and breathe books!
- May: She Memes Well by Quinta Brunson, with an add-on “What Happened?” by Hillary Clinton (Autobiography, Essays) – A month of powerful female voices.
- June: Written in the Stars by Alexandria Bellefleur (LGBTQA+ FF Contemporary Romance) – Love written in the stars: how will this romance unfold?
- July: After Hours on Milagro Street by Angelina M. Lopez (Steamy Grump/Sunshine Romance) – A perfect summer sizzler.
- August: Take My Hand by Dolen Perkins-Valdez (Historical Fiction) – Dive into a tale that weaves history with heartrending narratives.
- September: How We Get Free: Black Feminism and the Combahee River Collective by Keeanga-Yamahtta Taylor (Feminism) – A powerful exploration of Black feminism.
- October: The Modern Girl’s Guide to Magic by Lindsey Hall (Witchy Romance) – A spellbinding story of magic and love.
- November: Little Women by Louisa May Alcott (Classic Literature) – Revisit or discover for the first time this beloved classic.
- December: Year-End Review – A cozy wrap-up of our year in books!
Meeting Dates and Format
Mark your calendars! Our meetings are set for the last Saturday of each month at 7 PM. Whether you’re a fast reader or take your time, our discussions are open to all. We dive into the themes, share personal reflections, and enjoy lively yet respectful debates. And while we encourage you to finish each book, you’re welcome to join either way!
Your 2024 Book Club Companion – Downloadable PDF
To enhance your reading experience, we’ve created a special ALP Book Club PDF for 2024! This handy booklet, available in both full-color and printer-friendly versions, is your perfect companion for the year ahead. It features detailed information about each book, including synopses and author bios. Plus, there’s ample space for you to jot down your thoughts and reflections on every read. Download it now to keep track of your literary journey, and make the most out of our book club discussions.
We invite each one of you to join in, whether you plan to read along every month or drop in when a particular book catches your eye. Each session is an opportunity to grow, connect, and celebrate our shared love of reading.
Thank you for being part of our community. Your participation makes our book club a rich and rewarding experience. We’re excited to embark on this literary journey with you and can’t wait to see the discussions and connections that this year’s selections will inspire.
Ready to get started? Head over to theawesomeladiesproject.com/bookclub for all the details and to get the link for our monthly meetings. Don’t forget to share your reading experiences here in our ALP community – let’s spread the joy of reading far and wide!