Your Story is Important
Spend a Weekend Telling YOUR Story
Awesome Ladies LIVE
Awesome Ladies Live 2018
August 17th – 19th
East Lansing, MI
Schedule of Events
Friday, August 17th
6 pm – 9 pm – Garden to Table BBQ Meet + Greet @ rukristin backyard (address + directions will be given after registration verification)
Saturday, August 18th
10 am – Welcome and introductions
10:30 am – Workshop #1: Storytelling through Imagery
11:30 am – Crafty Ass Female LIVE Podcast Recording
12:30 pm – Lunch Break (on your own/with new friends)
2:00 pm – Workshop #2: Stamping
3:00 pm – Panel Discussion: Topic — Stories + Crafting + Self Care. An Everyday Approach. Moderated by Megan Anderson.
4:00 pm – Workshop #3: Using Color to Share Your Voice.
5:00 pm – Dinner Break (on your own/with new friends)
7:00 pm – Workshop #4: Journaling: Using Words to Share Your Stories
8:00 pm – Craft + Create Crop Time with Games + Prizes
Sunday, August 19th
10:30 am – East Lansing/Michigan State University Photo Walk
12 Noon – Goodbye Ice Cream Social at MSU Dairy Store
Awesome Ladies Live 2018 is being held at the East Lansing Mariott at University Place, located at 300 M. A. C. Ave, in East Lansing, MI 48823.
Our event location, the East Lansing Marriott will have rooms available but it’s close enough to the beginning of the MSU semester that the hotel may sell out!
If you want to stay there for the retreat, rooms are available now and make sure to sign up for Marriott Rewards to get a discount.
There are a number of other nice hotels in the area and there are both ridesharing services and even Jeff and Melissa here to help get people around if they need it.
Getting to East Lansing
Easiest Airport: Detroit (DTW)
Transportation from Detroit Airport to East Lansing: www.michiganflyer.com (goes directly to the event hotel)
Other area airports: Lansing (LAN), Grand Rapids (GRR)
East Lansing has an Amtrak station right on the edge of campus, coded LNS in the Amtrak route system.
Getting Around East Lansing:
Uber and Lyft both operate in East Lansing, as well as CATA – an excellent regional bus system, with more information at www.cata.org
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is the best airport to fly into?
- Detroit is usually the best airport to fly into. Airport code: DTW. There is transportation from the Detroit Airport directly to the East Lansing Marriott via the Michigan Flyer. Details available at www.michiganflyer.com.
- You may also have luck with the Lansing (LAN) or Grand Rapids (GRR) airports.
- If you’re international, the Chicago airports are less than a 4-hour drive/accessible via train/bus.
What else is there to do in the area?
- East Lansing is home to Michigan State University, is an hour from Lake Michigan beachfronts, and a little over an hour from downtown Detroit.
What are the meal options in the area?
- The event will be taking place in the heart of downtown East Lansing, a vibrant college town. There are dozens of meal options for every palette within walking distance. Here’s a list of all of the options downtown. I’ll have a list of my favorite places in your welcome bag.
Awesome Ladies Live Policies:
- All sales are final. You may sell/transfer your spot to another person if you cannot attend the retreat. If you need to arrange to transfer your spot to another person, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to set that up.
- All attendees must be over the age of 18. Only retreat attendees will be allowed inside the Awesome Ladies Live workshops, panel discussion, and Crafty Ass Female podcast recording.
- Awesome Ladies VIP members are permitted to use their VIP discount to purchase multiple tickets to the event.