Hi again! Last time we talked about thinking hard and carefully about our plans for our “right-now” memory-keeping in 2017.
How can we set ourselves up for success in 2017?
- Reflect on why you are memory-keeping.
- Make decisions now so that you don’t have to later.
- Do as much prep work as possible.
- Schedule memory-keeping.
In this post, we will talk and think about 3 & 4.
Do as much prep as you can.
- Can you print out any of your cards in advance?
- Can you place any of your calendar, weekly, or journaling cards in advance?
- Are there any holiday cards that you can prepare in advance?
- What can you do to make memory-keeping in 2017 easier than it was in 2016?
- Do you need to buy anything? Do you want to buy anything?
- I printed out weekly cards that I’ve used in the past from Paislee Press and slid them into pockets of my album. Simple, easy, and I can hand journal on them. Also, zero cost to me because I purchased them years ago.
- I made some decisions about layout. No outlines on photos this year (even though they look so nice that way!). Design A all the way.
- I’m not prepping holidays in advance.
- No new purchases. I’m going to subscribe to a kit when I move back to DC in April, but that’s it.
- How many hours a week do you expect to spend on your “right-now” memory keeping?
- Can you shed any of those hours by simplifying your process?
- Can you integrate your memory keeping into processes you already have?