Join rukristin & The Awesome Ladies
LIVE IN EAST LANSING, MICHIGAN
Home of rukristin & Michigan State University
Your Story is Important
Spend a Weekend Scrapbooking YOUR Story
You are the storyteller. You are allowed to tell your story in any which way you want. No matter who else is in your story — kids, spouse, family, friends, pets, fictional characters, etc — when you’re telling the stories, you are a big part of the story. There is no omniscience narrator of life and scrapbook pages.
At Awesome Ladies Live, you’ll learn tips, tricks, and techniques for documenting your own life in a way that makes you feel empowered, impassioned, and in a way that’s all your own.
Through four coordinating workshops, we will each brainstorm, craft, journal, and embellish our own personal scrapbook albums. You’ll leave with a completed 4×4 scrapbook album filled with different paper-crafting and art-based techniques, ideas for All About Me journaling styles, interactive page styles and more.
This retreat is about taking your stories, matching them up with your style, and turning them into a scrapbook that is All About You, in every way it can be.
Make it a Full Weekend
Join us at my home & favorite local spots!
We packed all of the important learn and make activities on Saturday so that we could chill and get a lot of quality lady time in throughout the entire weekend. Our whole weekend is scheduled out to be absolutely amazing, whether you’re a bubbly extrovert who loves all the people all the time. or a shy introvert who loves other awesome ladies, but maybe just in smaller doses.
A huge part of Awesome Ladies Live is the Awesome Ladies. There will be women coming in from all over the country for our event! It’s one thing to sit at home, scrapbook about your life and chat about it on the internet (trust me, I do it every day).
But getting together, with a group of like-minded women, where you’re all engaging, creating, and encouraging one another — that’s on a whole separate level; it’s absolutely magical.
Traveling to East Lansing is super easy — whatever your mode of transportation: car, plane, train (also, please do not hesitate to email me directly with help planning travel). We have group rates arranged at the Marriott where our event will be taking place.
I want you there. I want to meet you in person. I want to hear all about your life and your scrapbooks and the stories that you still want to tell.
Here are all the cool things going on over the weekend. We’d love to have to at every single event, we’re going to have the best time!
What do Awesome Ladies Live attendees get?
- 4 Brand New Awesome Ladies + rukristin: Feminist Scrapbooker workshops
- Awesome Ladies Live: Starting Your Creative Self-Storytelling Journey
- Awesome Ladies Live: Creative Self-Storytelling through Visual Arts
- Awesome Ladies Live: Creative Self-Storytelling through Words
- Awesome Ladies Live: Finishing Projects & Making them Uniquely You
- All Materials (aside from photos & your basic crafting kit) to complete all workshop projects.
- Full-color, printed and bound workbook to guide you through each workshop & for you to return to time and time again.
- Opportunity to attend all optional events free of charge (including the exclusive bbq/pizza party at Kristin’s home)
- On-Site de-stash table (bring a tote of stash items to share/swap)
- A full set of Awesome Ladies Trading Cards
- Gift bags with exclusive retreat swag, exclusive workshop products, and more
- Personal one-on-one time with rukristin and the Awesome Ladies
- Access to private retreat group at theawesomeladiesproject.com for forum discussion, shared photos, and continued access to your retreat friends.
You will leave the retreat with a finished Awesome Ladies Project! (Supplies worth over $180 in retail value in product alone)
How to Get Here
Getting here is super easy, even if you aren’t a driver or don’t have access to a car.
Here’s a rundown of how you can get here, and how you can get around once you’re here!
GPS Address: 300 M. A. C. Ave, East Lansing, MI 48823
From Detroit/Ann Arbor/Points East: Proceed west on I-96 to northbound US-127; follow US-127 north to East Lansing. Take the Grand River Ave Exit. Proceed into downtown East Lansing.
From Chicago/Grand Rapids/Points West: Proceed east on I-96 to eastbound I-69. Proceed east on I-69 to southbound US-127. Take US-127 south to East Lansing. Take the Grand River Ave Exit. Proceed into downtown East Lansing.
Easiest Airport: Detroit (DTW). Lansing, and Grand Rapids airports may also be options for you.
Transportation from Detroit Airport to East Lansing: www.michiganflyer.com (this goes directly to the Marriott where the Awesome Ladies Live event is being held)
Other area airports: Lansing (LAN), Grand Rapids (GRR)
East Lansing has an Amtrak station right on the edge of campus, coded LNS in the Amtrak route system.
Getting Around East Lansing:
Uber and Lyft both operate in East Lansing, as well as CATA – an excellent regional bus system, with more information at www.cata.org