This topic contains 15 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Melissa LaFavers 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

As we say goodbye to 2016 and welcome 2017, what goals do you have for your scrapbooking (or other forms of memory keeping) in the New Year?

• This topic was modified 8 months, 4 weeks ago by  Kristin Tweedale. Reason: forum consolidation

I want to complete a year of Project Life, I’ve managed it in 2016 using the app but I’ve got a new plan for 2017 that should give me a much cleaner look and I’m excited! I also want to take part in Day In The Life each month.

What about you?

I think my number one goal is to get organized. I feel like my scrapbooking is so chaotic. I need to balance getting things done with what I might be inspired to create at any given moment, and so far, I’ve struggled with that.

I also do want to get my vacation album from our trip to Florida in 2014 finished. I’m about halfway, and I’m enjoying it, so I don’t want to rush, but I do want it complete, so I can move onto the many, many other projects in the wings.

I was considering doing Day In The Life monthly or at least quarterly in my PL album. Do you know when you want to do yours each month?

I want to get my creative space more organized. It’s functional but not perfect. I still have some furniture I would like to buy for my space if budget allows this year. I kind of thought that a year after our move would see me more settled into my space.

Oh, me too! I need to figure out a better way to store punches than in a big cardboard box, for one thing. I think I still have too much stuff, even though I purge it regularly.

Right now my scrap area is being used for storage I really need to get that cleaned. Now that the holidays are over I am hoping to have time next weekend.

My main goal for 2017 is to complete a weekly PL album, complete my wedding album, and get my new space organized (I will be moving around February) into a work room that I really like being in and creating in! I want to get more designs in my digital shop as well!!

Oh, yes. The wedding album. I’ve been married 14 years, and I’ve barely started. 🙂

@melissal,

That’s all good. If it weren’t for Project Life I would probably order a plain one of just pictures…. but I want to incorporate him popping the question, our engagement session, the small ceremony we had in our backyard last night, the bachelor/bachelorette parties, and the renewal of the vows (our big ceremony for family) in the fall of this year.

• This reply was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by  Jenn Hutt.

Yes, there are so many little stories behind the big story of falling in love and getting married, aren’t there?

Get my daughter’s PL albums up to date and keep up to date with this year. I’d also like to do another album just for me – my Awesome Ladies Project, I’m just not sure how I want to do it as yet.
    Oh and the wedding album, should probably finish that one too 😉

Wedding albums are always on the list! 🙂 I also haven’t quite firgured out how I want to do the ALP yet, but I’m sure I will settle on something, soon.

I’m going to finish my 2016 9 x 12 album (I’ve got Oct to Dec left). Then I’ll start my 2017 one. I’m also doing a daily diary page documenting project : a quick drawing / collage / words on a daily planner.

That sounds like an awesome project. I’m trying to document daily, too. I have a Marjolein Bastin desk calendar where I’m writing our everyday activities, and then I’m journaling more often, as well. I find daily things very grounding, as long as I don’t start beating up on myself if I miss a day or two.

I am thinking of simple layouts and a little more streamlined. Still working on that goal. We shall see.

The topic ‘New Year Goals’ is closed to new replies.

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account