This topic contains 24 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  Sharon K 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

• Author

How long have you been scrapbooking and who introduced you to it?

• This topic was modified 8 months, 4 weeks ago by  Kristin Tweedale. Reason: forum consolidation

I have been scrapbooking on and off since 2012 while I was deployed. I actually found it through Kristin’s blog!

I just started in September of 2015 so for a little over a year. Good ol’ Pinterest introduced me to Project Life/pocket style scrapbooking and I loved it! I found Studio Calico through that I have made lots of friends within the community which is my favorite part of this hobby!

I love Pinterest…. but it can also be the devil because I get sucked into it so quickly

I’ve been scrapbooking since I was a sophomore in high school. I was working on a project for English class and I decided to make a ‘scrapbook’ for of the characters in the novel we were reading. I went to the craft store and got hooked on the supplies.

My first job was at a scrapbook store when I was eighteen. I worked at/for a few different local scrapbook shops in college. I opened up rukristin papercrafts in 2013 after working in at a government office job for a few years and my headaches started to get much worse. Scrapbooking makes me super happy, even though my scrapbooks never look like anyone else’s.

rukristin.com/blog * @rukristin

I have been scrapbooking since I was 12, so that is 15 years ago. My dad picked out a kid’s scrapbook kit for a birthday gift. I really got into it since i had a ton of puppy photos that I took with my Hello Kitty Polaroid sticker camera.

• This reply was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by  Mandi Holmes.
    1 user thanked author for this post.

I have been scrapbooking since 2005 or 2006. I was already into rubber stamping, and I’d seen scrapbooking supplies in stores, but I resisted the siren song for a couple of years. In 2004, I became involved with Stampin’ Up!, and that was my gateway into scrapbooking. I could resist no longer! 😉

Emily

I started scrapbooking at the beginning of last year. I had started planning and watching planner videos on youtube. Through that I found Project Life and figured out it was a much better fit for me!

I used to scrap when I was young but got back into it in 2005. My MIL decided to take a beginners class and I went along for a look. Of course there are sooo many more pretty things then 30 years ago LOL

I have kept some kind of journal/scrapbook since I was very young, but I jumped on the modern scrapbooking/collecting wagon in 1995 when I picked up my first magazine dedicated to paper crafts. My style has changed many times, but the love of documentation through pictures and journaling hasn’t.

I started in 2002 after my first grandchild was born in 2001. ( he is 16 today) I was introduced by a young lady I met who sold Creative Memories. But I started pocket scrapping much later. And the rest is a history of too much stuff!!! But I love it. I may try a simple approach this year. I was organizing my supplies just yesterday.

I started up in 2004 after being invited to a Creative Memories party. I went to the party knowing I already wanted to get started after seeing my sister-in-law’s albums, so I was super excited to get a quick tutorial and some tools. I didn’t go with CM style scrapbooking, because I found CK and Simple Scrapbooks magazine pretty soon after I got started, and I shopped for supplies at Michael’s, JoAnn, and our brand new local Archiver’s. I even worked at Archiver’s for a few years. I miss having a lot of in-person scrappy friends, but I LOVE the online community so, so much!

I started scrapbooking in 1998…! (This makes me feel old.)
    It was a natural extension of my teenage journals and cutting up magazines. I’ve paused a couple of times, but always come back to my fave hobby. 🙂

I’ve always taken photos (think cube flash on top of a camera) and made albums of some sort.  In 2009 my best friend got me going doing traditional 12×12.  I started pockets mid year 2015.  Now I’m trying to combine both in 2017.

I love combining both! 😀

I’ve managed to add several at the end of 2016 and looking back at old layouts- I realize I miss the “space”. And for some things like birthday, Halloween and first day of school there are “traditions” that only work that way.  I’m really excited to do both.

I started scrapbooking in 1995 just after my daughter was born. My husband’s aunt invited me over to her Creative Memories class. I never heard of it but my husband said it would be fun for me to just get out for the night. I bet he regrets saying that now.

I’ve been scrapbooking about 20 years now! Started at age 17 after attending a creative memories party with my cousin.

I started a very primitive form of scrapbooking in the late 1990s when I was compiling things for my oldest child’s graduation. The need or desire to document things has always been there inside me but I didn’t realize that it would become a “thing”! It was shortly after that when I was invited to a Creative Memories home party that I found this incredible art form world out there. I latched on and have never let go. I now have scrapbooked EVERY single photograph that I own. And when my parents passed away, I got that dreaded box of unsorted, undocumented photographs that I scanned and shared with my five siblings. And THOSE photographs have been scrapbooked. Those date back to the early 1920s. I do 99% digital but do have a room full of 12×12 paper scrapbooks.

Mary, I would be really interested in hearing about how you scrapbooked your parents’ photos. I have inherited photos from both my parents, too, and I’m a little stumped as to how to scrapbook them. (Not that I’m anywhere NEAR done with my own, mind you.) Any tips you’d like to share?

My Mother was a scrapbooker now many moons ago; she kept a supply of large what were called scrapbooks – pretty covers with blank, often yellowish colored pages. I completed my first one when I was 10, that is now 56 yrs ago. Yup! I might just be the oldest one around here. I feel away from scrappin’ and turned to journal writing, which I have many full with thousands of words — no pictures, drawings etc, just pages of words. In 2004, I attended a Stampin’ Up party and that was it — no looking back!!

Stampin’ Up! was my “gateway drug,” too! LOL.

Mary, I would be really interested in hearing about how you scrapbooked your parents’ photos. I have inherited photos from both my parents, too, and I’m a little stumped as to how to scrapbook them. (Not that I’m anywhere NEAR done with my own, mind you.) Any tips you’d like to share?

Melissa….I would be happy to tell you how I did it if you want to email me at [email protected]    I had GREAT fun doing it. The hardest part is that most of the photographs have NO dates or names on them.  I’d be happy to send you some copies of my pages.

I only have my membership with ALP for a couple weeks.

I started stamping in 1995 and a crafting friend brought me to a Creative Memories party. I did a few pages after that, but it kind of fell by the wayside. About two years ago, I wanted to document a vacation and I started scrapbooking again. So I had a twenty year hiatus, but I’m back! 😀

I’ve probably been doing it (on and off) since my kids were little. They are all in their twenties now so that tells you a lot lol. I went to a Creative Memories party and was hooked!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account