This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Teresa Natividad 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

• Author

How do you make time to tell your stories

rukristin.com/blog * @rukristin

So I totally meant to answer this last night before I went to bed, but I typed a bunch of stuff out and then my phone ghosted on me and deleted all of it, so I decided I was gonna wait until I could get back to a normal size keyboard.

I make the time to document my stories by incorporating it into my everyday life. 

1. I make taking pictures a priority. — I don’t feel the need to take photos every 5 minutes, or of every single thing going on at every single event. In fact, I would probably say I take less pictures at events than I do in my everyday life.

When I’m at an event with people, I’m generally going to spend time with those people? And like as an introvert I don’t do all that much people-ing? I also don’t need 30 pictures of a friday night dinner party, kwim?

But like — I do want pictures of the books I’m reading, the shows I’m watching, the food I’m eating, or anything else that is representative of my life, or helps me to tell a story. Those are the types of stories I tell.

If you do your best stories with 30 pictures from your friday night dinner party, then you should totally go for it.

2. I take screenshots! I’m an internet person, you all probably are too, and if you’re using your phone to internet, you come across a bunch of awesome stuff all the time. I take screenshots of those awesome things.

• cool memes
    • text conversations
    • stupid things a certain person did on the internet
    • interesting news articles

I get them printed in a Groovebook, which is pretty awesome. The quality isn’t good enough for real pictures, but it’s magazine paper quality, so it’s amazing for like art journaling stuff, and scrapbooking screenshots, and everything that you might want to print out, but don’t want to spend the money printing on quality paper or photo paper.

3. Awesome Ladies (of course)

Being a part of the ALP gives me the structure and the community that I need to keep myself accountable and remind myself that even when I feel like my story sucks and I don’t have anything worth documenting, that my brain is just being mean to me and I need to tell myself what I would tell any one of the awesome ladies — your story is awesome, it deserves to be told, and you’re the best one to tell it.

now how about you?

3 users thanked author for this post.

I’m forever taking photos on my phone of EVERYTHING lol but actually scrapbooking those stories is a totally different matter. I make a scrap date with myself at least once a week but half the time I just lack motivation.

Maybe I need to get myself an online scrapping buddy to keep me more accountable.

I’m loving the ALP prompts each month and I have a heap journaled in Evernote for each topic but am yet to get it in my album. Maybe I should just print it out and call it done 😉 And Yes I totally agree with your point #3 Thank you 🙂

2 users thanked author for this post.

I’m really fortunate to have a local scrapbook store not too far away where I crop with friends most Saturdays. I usually start pages/layouts there and finish them at home throughout the next week when there’s time.

I make a scrap date with myself at least once a week but half the time I just lack motivation. Maybe I need to get myself an online scrapping buddy to keep me more accountable. 

I want to think of a way that we can have a monthly accountability date for the ALP.

1 user thanked author for this post.

I’m forever taking photos on my phone of EVERYTHING lol but actually scrapbooking those stories is a totally different matter. I make a scrap date with myself at least once a week but half the time I just lack motivation. Maybe I need to get myself an online scrapping buddy to keep me more accountable.

Sigh. This is me, Caroline. I am very good about taking photos of everything in my life. I keep a journal of just everyday happenings in my email (it’s easiest for me since I have a desk job), but the actual getting it down in a book is my issue. And I don’t have kids or pets, so it’s totally a motivational thing for me, I think.

1 user thanked author for this post.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account