Tagged: 

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Lea B 10 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Would anyone be interested in a book club? I was thinking of having an emphasis on feminist books/books written by women.

What do you think? Any suggestions for what we could read? We could do a livestream chat or something to discuss the books. I’ve never done this before but it seems like fun!

• This topic was modified 8 months, 4 weeks ago by  Kristin Tweedale. Reason: forum consolidation

Here¬†are some of the books I’ve liked/am interested in reading:

Bad Feminist by Roxane Gay

How to Build a Girl by Caitlin Moran

We Should All Be Feminists by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

The Feminine Mystique by Betty Friedan

The Awakening by Kate Chopin

A Room of One’s Own by Virginia Woolf

The Vagina Monologues by Eve Ensler

Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi

Add to this list and then we can vote on what we’d like to read first!

• This reply was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by  Casey Cameron.
     Lea B

Love this idea. I have read about half of what you listed but would love to be part of the discussion. Other ideas:

Second to How to Be a Woman

Difficult Women by Roxanne Gay

When Women Were Birds by Terry Tempest Williams

You Don’t Have to Like Me: Essays on Growing Up, Speaking Out, and Finding Feminism by Alida Nugent

Thanks for the list additions @leasummer ! I hope we get a few more people interested because the more I think about it, the more I really want this book club to happen!

I’m all in. I don’t really have any book suggestions, but I definitely want to read more, and I am quite curious about all the books listed so far.

Jo

I love the idea of a bookclub. I’ve been reading Emma Watson’s feminist books on her good reads group one shared shelf . this month is The Vagina Monologues.

I hadn’t heard of her book club until now, it’s really cool! I’m thinking of starting with “The Vagina Monologues” as our first book as well. What do you all think?

Absolutely. I’m going to create a group for this right now.

rukristin.com/blog * @rukristin

Jo

So are we reading The Vagina Ms as book 1 then?

@jojosowerby if that’s cool with everyone else, I think it’s a good place to start!

Lea B

Here’s a cool list I just saw and thought of our books.

If You Loved That Feminist Book, Read This One

The topic ‘Awesome Ladies Book Club’ is closed to new replies.

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account