This topic contains 17 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Lea B 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author
     Lea B

Anyone have any reading goals for 2017?

• This topic was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by  Lea B.
     Lea B

I’m doing the Book Riot Read Harder challenge for my third year. My total book goal is 80, focusing on books I already own or have access to from the library (even as I write this my Amazon wishlist is calling to me to buy something), and to finish the four remaining books from my 2016 goal of reading BIG books (over 500 pages) I own.

I am setting my bar low, as in one book. I haven’t read a book in about 5 years. I use to be an avid reader and stopped once my vision started getting worse. Now, I have perfect fitting contacts to help with the help get rid of the double vision. I am hoping in my spare time which I am figuring in a whole year that should be just about enough time to read a book.

Lea B

Well that’s awesome!! Glad you got some contacts to help you. I bet your books will be fabulous after such a long break and vision troubles!

I love the girls from book riot and their podcasts. The only problem is I end up putting tons of the books on my wish list. I think it currently stands at around 430. I like to read at least 1 book a month from my theme based reading group but love when I can squeak in an extra one here and there.

I love the girls from book riot and their podcasts. The only problem is I end up putting tons of the books on my wish list. I think it currently stands at around 430. I like to read at least 1 book a month from my theme based reading group but love when I can squeak in an extra one here and there.

Sorry,I meant this for the post above yours. I’ll get the hang of this soon.

Lea B

This happens to me too. My TBR list is so long and I just keep adding to it.

I usually do the reading challenge on good reads- didn’t read nearly enough last year ! Setting my bar low- for 20 books this year

I set my goal for 20 books this year too, Nulls. I had set last year’s at 30, and I think I only read about a third that many (oops!)

@summoningsparks on IG & Twitter

I don’t usually set goals. I do have a tendency to be reading whatever my son is reading for his homeschool classes. That way, we can have a discussion together about the books. Sometimes, he just picks some books and we read those.It’s been fun revisiting books I have not read in years and also reading new titles alongside him. Our current read is The Gunslinger by Stephen King. Prior to that, we were reading some of the Harry Potter short stories.

Lea B

That’s neat! And my mind instantly went to what a great memory keeping project! 🙂

Tobe

I’m a huge reader who always joins a ton of reading challenges. For 2017, I want to read 35,000 pages (works better for me than books read) and complete at least 60% of my challenges. I’m an eclectic reader who aims for at least one book a week. For 2016, I ended up reading 132 books. Not necessarily looking to top that, just to enjoying my reading and attempt to decrease the amount of unread books my shelves.

Lea B

I definitely agree with reading for enjoyment regardless of goals. Last year I set a goal to read a lot of big books I already had – and it ended up that I wasn’t even interested in a few of them. Life’s short, read what you want!

I love a page goal. That’s awesome.

rukristin.com/blog * @rukristin

Sheila

I’m not setting reading goals but I’m keeping a list of books I want to read. I’m trying to read multiple books at once, which is way more interesting to me than one book at a time.

I love reading, but I let my book choices take me wherever, so I don’t set goals. For the first time, I am in a book club which is a new experience for me!

I created a list of 30 books last year and read 5. This year I think I might just create a list of books I have read as I read them, that way there is no pressure on me.;)

That said I love to read but since having the girls I don’t make the time to read adult books. Maybe I need to schedule book reading time 😉

Jo

I’ve set myself 100 again on good reads xx

The topic ‘2017 Reading Goals’ is closed to new replies.

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account